5 December 2011

Creativity 101 in Education?


I realise that by now you must all have been exposed to this brilliant lecture by education guru, Sir Ken Robinson, on the future of our standardised educational systems worldwide.  I often refer to Sir Ken in my lectures on the importance of 'creativity' in schools. What constantly bamboozles me is that despite all the empirical evidence from science and research, our education system is constantly being standardised and nationalised, hence the imposition of our 'NEW' National Curriculum in Australia.
Is a one-size fits all strategy really benefiting our society today? Is our information revolution making or breaking our children's education? As creative collective which we belong to, do you believe that an 'academic' approach should outweigh a creative and free-thinking one? You decide and let me know your thoughts!

No comments: